VEITHsymposium is considered by many to be one of the best CME educational activities in the world. The meeting attracts a large attendance of vascular surgeons, interventional radiologists, interventional cardiologists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, nurses and other allied health professionals.
VEITHsymposium presentations include everything venous and arterial. In addition, issues impacting our health care system and the way we practice medicine will be addressed. Venous workshops will provide hands on training to specialists. VEITHsymposium is the perfect arena for members of the media to learn what is new and emerging in the field of Vascular Surgery and medicine. This year’s meeting will feature rapid-fire presentations by world-renowned experts. Presentations cover a wide array of topics including open surgery, endovascular procedures and more! Lively debates draw many questions from attendees at the conclusion of each session.
All credentialed journalists are encouraged to pre-register on-line prior to the VEITHsymposium™ whether attending or calling in to the press suite for interviews. However, on-site registration will also be available in the VEITHsymposium Press Suite. Please do not register at the attendee registration desk. Press credentials will be granted to reporters from the following: Newspapers, weeklies, and magazines, Internet, broadcast media, social media including blogs trade media including medical, science, pharmaceutical, device, web media outlets and accredited medical and science freelance writers. All reporters and writers who have registered as media will be provided with a complimentary press badge and may attend presentations and exhibits. Please remember to register as a member of the media here.
Advertising sales representatives, public relations and marketing professionals,
publishers, and others must register and pay the required fee regardless of
affiliation with a media outlet. Photographers or camera crews hired by
exhibitors/companies and/or institutions must obtain permission to conduct
on-site video shoots.
MEDIA INVITED TO ATTEND
Newspapers, Weeklies, Magazines, Trade, Business and Consumer Publications
• A recognized press card, a current membership card from the National Association of Science Writers NASW or the American Medical Writers Association AMWAA business card that clearly displays your affiliation with a news organization
• Two by lined articles published within the last six months
Television/Radio Reporters, Producers and Camera/Sound Crews Must Provide
• An identification card/business card with your title at your station.
• A letter on official letterhead from a producer of a TV or Radio program certifying that you are covering the conference for their respective station
Freelance Writers/Reporters/Authors/Research Must Provide
Provide one of the following three items:
• An original letter of assignment or a copy of your contract from a publisher or news organization
• Freelancers who wish to cover the meeting on a speculative basis are asked to write to us on their letterhead requesting accreditation or may contact us to express their interest in attending
• Research: Provide documentation of organization and/or association
Online Publications/Online News Services Must Provide
• A business card with your editorial title
• Only those persons who write for established news outlets are eligible for credentials
• Those who write content for web sites that are not media outlets are not eligible for press credentials
Bloggers Must Provide
• Provide the URL for the web site for which you are writing
• Provide examples of posts that denote vascular surgery, interventional radiology, medical topics that are of interest to these groups.
• The VEITHsymposium press office has the right to grant bloggers a press badge based on a case-by-case basis
Video Filming by Media Outlets:
Video filming is permitted but must be obtained through the VEITHsymposium press office.
PRESS POLICY GUIDELINES FOR EXHIBITING COMPANIES
Public relations representatives will not be granted press passes or access to the
VEITHsymposium press suite.
Press releases and press kits can be placed in the press suite.
All industry press releases must include the VEITHsymposium boiler plate.
Information from any presentation made during the CME portion of the
meeting including Associate Faculty sessions, may not be announced, publicized,
or distributed in print, online or otherwise before the embargo date and time,
with few exceptions.
Filming Guidelines for Exhibiting Companies
Private Video Companies
Private video companies may not sell or promote their services to exhibiting companies
before or during the VEITHsymposium.